Ndigbo Historical Initiative (NHI) is a membership based non-governmental, not-for-profit organisation working to improve the socio-cultural, economic and political status of the Igbo people everywhere in the world.
Our objectives include:
1. To enhance research and awareness of Igbo History and heritage.
2. To promote Igbo as a frontline brand.
3. To foster a cordial relationship between Ndigbo and the rest of the world.
Our Vision is that the Igbo nation becomes a formidable African brand and an important participant in the comity of nations.
Advancing the Igbo People and Heritage.
Statement of Faith:
We sincerely believe that the Igbo tribe is blessed with abundant resources for the fulfilment of its destiny and to emerge as one of the most important ethnic nationalities in the world and that NHI, working with the Igbo communities, like minded individuals and organisations, can facilitate the optimal use of these resources for the benefits of the Igbo people.
1. Research and Documentation
4. Cultural Branding
7. Conflict resolution and Peace building
1. NHI Research Scholarships in History.
2. Journal of Igbo History
3. Igbo Icon Awards
4. Udo (Peace) Leaflets
5. International University Seminars/Lecture series.